Thursday 15 March 2012


Today is 3 months since Roger passed away! I think time has gone very quickly and I seem to have done quite a bit in those 3 months.

How I miss my darling. I think most of all I miss the chatting we did together. I suppose you don't really think about it, when you are together all the time. I miss Roger not being at home with me, or when I come home from work or a little holiday, he is not here to greet me and then for us to have our chats together. I feel lonely for him, but not lonely in other ways.

I think I am doing quite well. Of course I have my moments, but mostly I am happy and getting on with living. I can remember people saying to me when I was completely absorbed in caring for Roger "Be strong", "You are a strong person, you will get through this", etc. I hated it! I didn't want to be strong, I didn't feel like "getting through it", but now, I know it is my strength, and my faith in a loving Heavenly Father that is helping me to cope with each day. Plus I continue to receive such beautiful emails and cards and encouragement from my beautiful family and many friends. Taking baby steps is a good idea and this is what I have been doing. I seem to have spent quite a bit of time on the bed!! I am not sorry to have done this. I needed time to recover from the exhaustion of caring for Roger, and still there are times when I feel so tired and I can quite easily have a sleep for a couple of hours. I will go on doing this until I know the time has come for me to rise to new challenges. I am even doing this is some small ways.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, dear readers of my blog. Maybe it is time I said goodbye to this blog and just share thoughts and news on Gaynorsworld. I have not been terribly good at keeping up with all my doings, but it has been a bit of fun of late, so hopefully I will be able to post some pictures soon, especially of my beloved twin grandsons Nathan and Edward, who are not 8 months old and absolutely delightful.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P